I was tagged by Camila over at Illustrating Happiness for the Liebster Awards – thanks so much this is my first nomination.
The Liebster Awards are a tag that promotes new bloggers with smaller followings.
The rules are:
•Answer the questions you were asked
•Tag 11 people who have under 200 twitter followers
•Create 11 new questions
•Recognize who tagged you!
1. What’s the most difficult thing about blogging, so far?
Consistency. I committed myself to writing in my blog twice weekly. At first, it was do-able, and then “life happened” (you know, the ULTIMATE excuse) and I fell off the wagon. Thankfully I always return because writing has become a form of therapy for me and I enjoy the brutal honesty that comes from it.
2. Can you name 3 Blogs you look up to?
Ana over at BeautyBeyondBones as been a follower of mine since the beginning. The courage she displays while supporting those battling ED is a rare gem these days. Her posts are honest, raw, and the self reflection and support is beautiful.
Naomi at Single Girl Blogging is absolutely hilarious. Reading her blogs is like watching me relive former dates. Being a single girl myself, I find her easy to relate to and her writing has me rolling over with laughter.
I was following Steve over at Single Steve for a while, but he seems to have stopped posting, which is really too bad – because it’s been a lot of fun to see dating from a male’s perspective.
3. What’s your opinion about Social Media?
Oh Lord, I could go on and on about this one. There are positive and negative sides to this.
Social Media is an addiction. People rarely know how to have a conversation these days, in person OR on the phone (if you’re not making a dentist appointment, am I right?). Everything comes down to texting or FB, Instagram, Twitter – whatever.
I have found though that recently there’s been a change in my social media feed. Maybe it’s because I went through and deleted 2000 friends…? But the posts I’m seeing now seem slightly less “look at how fabulous I am!” and are instead, “See, we all struggle.”
I suppose some people are hoping for “likes” and “<3s” as validation for their “bravery” for being vulnerable in a public way…
But then again, look at me – I’m blogging in a very vulnerable, raw, public way. I receive validation on my writing from followers, comments, and likes too.
So… Basically, we’re all trapped, addicted, and fucked.
4. What’s your favourite Song/ Album/ Artist?
This changes on a frequent basis. My favorite Artist would be have to be my best friend, Ilana though. I’ve been following her career since I met her and her range is incredible. I’m most fond her her jazz-style songs and her pop-dance songs.
If you don’t know who she is… she can be found through basically ANY social media venue.
Google her: Ilana Harkavy
5. Have you travelled somewhere recently? If Yes, Where? If not, Where would you like to go?
Not recently. Last year I went to Mexico with an ex-boyfriend and came home with lots of memories and several scars.
6. What’s your favourite sport?
Well this is a no-brainer. Counting down to football season. Go Hawks.
7. Where are you from?
I grew up all over western Washington: Sahalee, Redmond, Bothell, Woodinville, Everett, Snohomish, etc. etc.
I’m currently residing in West Seattle where I’ve been for the last 6 years.
8. What ‘s a place in your country that you would like to visit?
New York has always fascinated me – maybe I’ve seen too much Sex and the City? But the South (Georgia) is where I find myself most drawn to. The culture, history, and magic that comes from there is enchanting.
9. What’s the thing someone said or did that you loved?
“I Love You” — said on a frequent basis to me and my mom. Our relationship has changed dramatically over the last 12 years and I am SO thankful for where it is today.
10. Summer Song of the Year?
Anything by Calvin Harris, Drake, or Beyonce. **dance dance dance**
11. Do you have a favourite Fictional character?
I absolutely LOVED the female lead in The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer. She was easy to relate to for me — being the neurotic perfectionist that I am. Watching her grow from being self-reliant and determined to keep it that way, to learning to be vulnerable and love without limits was really inspiring.
My Questions to You:
1. What’s been the thing that keeps you motivated to continue your blog?
2. 3 blogs you follow and why?
3. What’s the purpose of your blog?
4. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life (sorry!) what would it be?
5. What’s your biggest regret?
6. Where are you from?
7. What’s your full-time job, do you make an income of your blog? Do you want to?
8. What are you currently reading (book, blog, etc).
9. What’s something positive that happened to you/that you did, recently?
10. What are you listening to in your car/during your commute?
11. If you had a change to do it all over again, what would you change?
Goodluck, thanks for participating and I hope these questions aren’t too challenging! Thank You again to Illustrating Happiness for the nomination – this was great!